Every year, global CO₂ emissions from IT increase rapidly. At the same time, we have set global goals together to reduce total CO₂ emissions to zero by 2050.
Extending the lifespan
The production of computers, laptops, and servers, generates a lot of CO₂ emissions. One way to reduce them is to extend their lifetime. If we use IT equipment for longer, we need to produce less of it. This is better for the environment because it consumes fewer raw materials and energy. Refurbished IT equipment is used equipment that has been reconditioned and restored to a good condition, extending its lifespan. It is often much cheaper and more durable than new hardware.
Here are some tips to extend the lifespan of your IT equipment:
- Repair your IT equipment when it breaks down
- Upgrade your IT hardware instead of replacing it
- Buy refurbished IT equipment
- Buy, lease or rent your IT hardware
- Give new life to your old laptops